Monday 4 November 2013

Visual Communication pt.2 - Fans

We were given several objects to work from on this part of the project. One of my objects was a fan, and I decided to focus on it in detail to see how far I could take it and to see how my ideas would develop when only using one item. Using collage, inks, and continuous line drawings I did a few samples in my sketchbook (below) looking at a colour scheme, what worked (and what didn't) and negative shapes as well as the shapes of the fan itself. All of these were done relatively quickly, which I quite enjoy as it you start working faster and thinking faster, which helps with the creative process.




My final three pieces were (at first) looking from the same angle but using different colour schemes to create a series. The third image, I decided to focus on the negative shapes more and leave it quite blank, in comparison to the other two, to see how it looked along side the other two, busier studies. I went over the pieces, doing all three at the same time, working back into them and doing continuous line drawings over the top of each other. Overall I am not entirely happy with them, but I think they work quite well as a series.  





No comments:

Post a Comment